March 29, 2006

RECIPE: Sicilian-ish Pasta

Now that I'm eating last night's leftovers for lunch, I think that toasted pine nuts would be a good addition. For those keeping track at home, that means this dish would include red onion, cauliflower, tuna, anchovies, green olives, pimento, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, capers, red pepper flakes, fusili and the nuts. Sounds like it would be far too much, but actually pretty tasty. I especially like the slightly singed (on purpose) cauliflower. It almost looks like the pasta, so you don't notice it until you take a bite. Yum!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim Strahan said...

that sounds incredible! I am trying to add more "green" in my diet so do you think wilted spinach would be okay in this as well?

I love your site. Totally up my alley! I used to be a vegetarian, but have been way to lazy to keep up the lifestyle. I hate cooking two meals and darling husband is a miserable cook. shhhhhh.

March 30, 2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Kim,
You can add anything you want really, pasta is pretty flexible. Dark leafies are super important to get into your diet. I'd be hesitant to add much else though, I'm afraid that it all ready has too much stuff in it, at least on my end. If I wanted to eat some more veg with this, I'd probably have a simple spinach or arugula salad with salt, pepper and a good squeeze of lemon. If you do try the pasta with spinach, please let me know how it turned out!

March 30, 2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Kim Strahan said...

okay I have one more question... is it canned tuna? And if so was it canned in water or olive oil?

March 31, 2006 5:32 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Definitely canned tuna, I'm a poor soon-to-be college student afterall. I don't know if you have any by you, but Trader Joe's has tuna packed in olive oil that's pretty cheap. I think tuna in olive oil is kind of expensive elsewhere though.

March 31, 2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home