October 15, 2007

Halfway There (almost)

I just started my eighth week school and realized that I haven't given a school update yet. And that's because school is utterly exhausting. I am taking 4 classes that meet once a week and then I am also in my indentured servitude class that meets everyday from 9-2.

In the "class" that meets everyday we rotate stations so the students can gain experience in all aspects of the gourmet restaurant and the cafe. Today, I started the grill at the cafe and cooked more burgers and fries than I ever have in my entire life. It was a big change from being a server at the less popular restaurant and then being on dish duty. I was have problems balancing everything but recently I've felt a little more on track, hence the update.

My favorite class by far is my wines class. The instructor is really passionate about the topic and its fun getting the dirt on the local wine scene. I'm looking and tasting things differently and drinking a bit more wine than usual. M. Pants is taking it with me and its fun sharing this with him. After class, we've gotten into the habit of picking up a bottle of whatever varietal we were tasting in class and comparing.

I'm sure that by the end of the term, I'll be more appreciative of what we're doing but right now, I'm too tired to think about it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ASK said...

If I knew how, I'd leave you a comment with a picture of a kitty cat holding on to a screen door. Underneath, there would be a caption that would read "Hang in there."

October 22, 2007 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home