July 12, 2007

Media Madness

I guess if Bourdain is man enough to admit his weakness, I will too. I have become a Top Chef/Next Food Network Star addict. Previously, I was immune to their charms because we didn't have cable but now our magical free cable is fixed and I have seen every episode of both, some more than once.

TC is by far more interesting because it's more about the food whereas NFNS focuses on how their contestants will look on TV. Honestly, I don't think any of their remaining proto-stars are going to succeed but I do believe that Amy will take it. On TC, I'm not sure who will be picked. I had high hopes for Clay, the SB chef but after proving he didn't have the chops, he got kicked off on the first episode. Very disappointing. I like Hung, just for his pure deviousness, or at least that's how he's portrayed, but after two weeks of the judges being "confused" (his words) because he didn't win, I'm not sure if he'll even make it to the final show. He doesn't take to criticism too well. Joey has to go though. He doesn't seem like he knows what he is doing and he also likes to rag on people behind their backs and get into my-knife-is-bigger-than-yours (ahem) arguments. Unprofessional and no one cares.

I've got the partner into watching too so we can discuss who we think will win and why. I'm new to this whole reality tv stuff and while part of me is disappointed that I fell for it, the other part can't wait until next week's episode. If you're watching, who do you think/want to win? Who do you wish would go away?

3 Comments:

Blogger h said...

I think and hope RORY will win on NFNS. A show I think is superior to Top Chef and CERTAINLY a lot more honest.

As for TC, too early to pick.

July 12, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I don't think either show is honest. Both are edited so that you see what you want to see. Numerous people from both shows have said that the way events happen on the shows are a)not chronological, b)emphasize something that wasn't important at the time or c)display certain people in ways that wasn't entirely accurate.

July 12, 2007 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith,
You have FINALLY come to the dark side! I couldn't be more thrilled. Maybe now, you will start watching other reality shows. Welcome to reality t.v.
Nohemi

July 13, 2007 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home