May 29, 2007

Ah, Life

Once again, my real life has interfered with my Internet life. I have been cooking and eating up a storm, but alas have neglected to take any pictures or notes on what it is I have been doing. I do have some posts in mind, especially one about eggs, my "new" favorite ingredient. For now though, I'll describe my day yesterday.

-BBQ at our place. Post about homemade marshmallows soon (Forgot to take pictures then dropped a plateful of the finished product on the ground. So delicious, we ate the "floor s'mores" anyway).

-Walked up to the Mission for the fantastic I Madonnari festival, the annual chalk drawing event. Here are some pics that I snapped:




Definitely my favorite yearly event in SB, of which there are far too many. Honestly, do we really need a dog parade where people dress their dogs up like themselves? I thought not.

-After living next-door to the beach for the last 8 years, I finally went to my first beach bonfire. I like fire, I like the beach, all in all a great combination. I wanted to stay longer but being the delicate and modest version of ladyhood that I am, I needed to go home to use the toilet, and not some darkened corner of the beach. Dang bladder.

Eggs and marshmallows to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Gaucha Guapa said...

I forgot about I Madonnari! Was Via Maestra there selling gelato? I agree with you that the dog parade is a little MUCH, but the old priest blesses animals on St. Francis' Day up on the mission lawn and that is really sweet. People bring their birds in cages, cats, dogs...snakes. You name it! There are pet treats for the animals and drinks for those standing on two legs.
Anyway, can't wait to see you soon! Coming to the BBQ?

June 02, 2007 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home