April 11, 2006

Morning Ritual


Every morning, I stumble out of bed, fill my beautiful birthday flame red Le Creuset kettle with water and open up my tea cabinet to pick my poison. I have about twenty choices. Right now, I really like my Republic of Tea British Breakfast. The gloomy weather of late (it shouldn't be like this in April, weather gods!) makes sitting down with a hot cuppa and going through the paper seem especially cozy. Having this time in the morning to myself helps me face the day, get my priorities in order, my head on straight. It also feeds my anglophile tendencies. Even if I don't have time to have a proper breakfast, I try to make sure that I have time for tea. What daily ritual can you not be without?

2 Comments:

Blogger L Vanel said...

Well you know what April showers bring!

April 11, 2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I know that I shouldn't complain about the weather, at least it's not blizzarding or tornado-ing. Thank goodness. Rain every Monday for the last month though? Yuck.

April 11, 2006 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home