August 11, 2006

Friday, Friday Part IXX

I just realized this week that summer is 2/3s over! There are so many things that I wanted to do/make/eat and I feel like I missed my chance, even though I know that summer happens every year. Does anyone else ever feel a bit melancholy when the seasons begin to transition? Here are some summer-y treats to start rounding up the season:

Melissa's Fig and Goat Cheese Clafoutis

Blended Mojito from the Bon Apetit Blog

Clotilde's Fiadone, Corsican cheesecake

Panzanella by Ivonne

This weekend is my 5th anniversary with my partner. I'm planning on making a mussel marinere dinner for us. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a first course/appetizer and dessert? I'm open to new ideas. Have happy weekends!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't forget making lemonade with frozen purred watermelon for ice cubes, or strawberries romanoff!

As for the figs and goat cheese, sounds heavenly. I usually stuff the goat cheese in them with some pistachios, then grill them and drizzle them wioth honey. It is total heaven.

My partner made some excellent cold cherry soup, which I think is an excellent appetizer. Fresh pea soup with mint is also an excellent summer option.

Love the blog btw!

August 11, 2006 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home