August 04, 2006

Birthday BBQ Menu

For N who just couldn't wait:

One of my favorite parts about having a birthday is throwing myself a party. I decided that for my entrance into my second quarter century, I wanted to be surrounded by my women folk, so the poor partner gets kicked out of the house and I get to spend a fantastic evening with some of my favorite people. The most important part of this party planning is, of course, the menu. I wanted lots of summer-y food, some of my favorite things to eat (and make), while also trying to include some recipes I've had my eyes on. So, with much editing and renting of garments, here is my birthday BBQ feast:

White Sangria (recipe coming here)
Ice Tea

Spicy Chickpeas and Pistachios
Spinach Dip with Greek Flavors
Perfect Salsa
Corn Chips

Vodka-Spiked Cherry Tomatoes with Pepper-Salt

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Sage Pesto and Apple on Homemade Grilled Foccacia
Grilled Ratatouille Salad
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chive Butter

Butter Biscuits with Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar and Whipped Cream

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home