April 12, 2006

Butterscotch Pudding

From Lebovitz's Ripe.

Eh. I followed the directions, I swear, and my sugar seized up and never melted. I was worried that it was going to scorch, so I added the cream because that mess wasn't ever going to bubble.

I think it called for too much cornstarch. Three tablespoons gave it a slightly gritty texture. I was frustrated with the recipe because it didn't state how hot the flame under the pot needed to be or how long the sugar had to cook before adding the cream. The boy liked it, but I know that there are better recipes out there. Pony up, y'all. I got a hankering for pudding.

Also, this will probably be my last post before hopping on a train. I'll be back on Sunday with a full report. Enjoy your springtime festivities everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home