April 30, 2006

DINNER: April 29th-May 5th

Saturday: The cloudy weather called for Smoky Split Pea Soup, Quick Beer Bread from All New Joy of Cooking and Arugula Salad, to catch up on our recent dearth of vegetable consumption.

Sunday: Celebration Dinner for the partner who just won an award from his department. This calls for Fava Bean Crostini with Lemon and Pecorino from Bon Appetit April 2004, sadly not available on-line or I'd link to it, Warm Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Grapefruit, Avocado and Walnut Oil, a salad I've been tinkering with for years, cribbed from my one and only dinner at Chez Panisse, and Artichokes with Garlic-Thyme Dipping Oil.

Monday: Soyrizo and Potato Tacos adapted from Bayless's Mexico: One Plate at a Time, with Black Beans, Salsa, and Cabbage-Radish Salad

Tuesday: Pasta with Caramelized Fennel from Madison's Local Flavors

Wednesday: Stir Fry with Tofu, Veggies, Thai Red Curry Paste and Coconut Milk

Thursday: Spinach Salad with Broiled Red Onions, and Garbanzos with Popped Mustard Seeds, from Bishop's Year in A Vegetarian Kitchen, which has gone AWOL since our move. If I don't find it soon, I going to have buy another copy.

Friday: I'm going out for a celebration dinner with my fantastic Take Back the Night ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home