August 24, 2006

Lazy Days of Summer

I'm taking my week of unemployment seriously. So seriously, in fact, I haven't gotten out of my pajamas any earlier than 1 pm this whole week. Also, I have yet to complete any of my projects that I was planning on doing this week. I convienently forgot that I'm going to be out of town this weekend and have two less days than previously thought.

Well, how have I spent my time? I have been getting to know my shiny new birthday toy and watching a ridiculous amount of the Food Network. I am also trying not to think too much about throwing myself into a situation where I know absolutely no one. I am about as social as a hermit crab and while I am excited (<---so excited I can't stand still, apparently) about doing what I've wanted to do since I was twelve, I am not looking forward to meeting fifty new faces. However, we will all be wearing the same stupid pants so I hope that will help take the edge off. Encouragement welcome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith! I have already told you how excited I am for you and how proud of you I am (ok, now I am sounding like a parent) but I will tell you again...I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You are going to do awesome...and best of all you are going to Love it. Have fun, learn lots, and tell me all about it,
Francine

August 24, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger ASK said...

I got P a jacket just like that a few years ago for her B-day.

By the way, are you going to be cooking with your shoes off? I wouldn't recommend it. P had a friend who got really into vegan cooking and was doing part time volunteer work at a kitchen and she scalded herself when her hand slipped and she poured hot water all over her feet. She had three degree burns. Long story short, now she's a raw foodist.

August 27, 2006 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home